Author Topic: Bomac here - Could Use Some Help  (Read 2166 times)

Offline bomac

• Hello I'm new :D
Bomac here - Could Use Some Help
« on: February 13, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »
I see others introducing themselves as well as seeking help in the same thread, so I will do the same.

I'm Bomac. Very happy to be a part of the Devcoin family, and quite new as well as often confused. Heh.

I woke up today to see that my computer had a windows update and had restarted.  I looked for my various wallets and found them all except for Devcoin.  Doing a search, all I can find are various files I downloaded before finding the right installer, as well as some of those installers.

I have carbonite and found a file with 100+ file within it, of more than 1 GB, that was the only hope of finding my wallet, so I may or may not have restored it. Carbonite said I did, but when I look for where it is supposed to be (or do a search for it), it is not there.

It seems as if I am going to have to reinstall.

If I would have had devcoins in the wallet at the time, would I have lost them?  How can I avoid that from happening, other than immediately transferring them out of the wallet, which is what I definitely now intend to do, after this. Still, it would be nice to have another alternative in case something comes up and I am holding coins for a bit.

I'm presuming the address I get when I reinstall it will not be connected to me in any way. How do I go about changing it on the Devtome/Devcoin site so that I am able to get paid.

I think I read that there was a recent end of a pay period.  This is surprising, because I thought I had clicked a link which indicated there were 2 weeks left. At any rate, I have a couple thousand words of contribution on devtome as of a couple days ago.

Is there any chance that I lost credit for that due to this snafu? 

I am so grateful for this forum as I have had a lot of confusion at the site and at the other forum. Seems like they are speaking another language, at times, but everything I have read here is in my language.  :-)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:27:50 pm by bomac »

Offline bomac

Re: Bomac here - Could Use Some Help
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 06:03:25 pm »
Update:

Haven't heard anything for a couple days here.

I went ahead and uninstall devcoin from my computer and just reinstalled it.

I'll need to put in my new address over at devtome. Hopefully that's something that is doable.

My latest now is something I notice on the first install. I do not see it synching the way other wallets do. There is not out of sync notice and no green bar, or weeks/days/hour behind notice.

I it showing an ever increasing number for blocks though and 2 connections.

Does that seem to be alright?

Thanks.

Offline bomac

Re: Bomac here - Could Use Some Help
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »
Another Update:

When I installed devcoin, it first said to close other applications, so I closed 3 wallets. 

No that I installed it, I'm only able to open memorycoin. Doge and Bit attempts I get a pop up that says can't find a lock on it and it's probably already running.