Author Topic: Collated Clarification Needed  (Read 2122 times)

Offline bomac

• Hello I'm new :D
Collated Clarification Needed
« on: February 13, 2014, 06:35:45 pm »
One of the myriad of things I"m hazy on is the collated issue.

I read somewhere that if you are publishing something you previously published on another website, that it goes into the collated section.

I think there is another type of writing that also goes there, which seems very different.  I believe you can take someone's article on devtome and add to it in an attempt to improve upon it, and you would post it in the collated section.

I'm not even sure how that would work and I'm not really interested in doing it, at least at this point in time.  But I do wonder how it works.

Do you basically copy and paste the original and then delete and edit and rearrange paragraphs?

Or is it a matter of referring to the article and summarizing it briefly and then write your reaction to it, and any additional information you might have on the subject?

I read something about needing to pay the original author. Is that something you are just assumed to do, on the honor system or do you get paid less, and the admins send coin to the original author?

When you are post your own work from other websites (which I understand you will be asked to prove it is yours by posting on the site), do you get paid the same amount you would be paid if it was published in the original source section?

Lastly, how do you get notified when there is action required for your article to be published? Do the admins email you, or is it a matter of logging in and either seeing an immediate notice, or having to go to say, your profile page to look for the notice?

Thanks for your help!

Offline pb321go

• Hello I'm new :D
Re: Collated Clarification Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:00:50 pm »
Hi
I posted a collection of quotations and that went under the collated section because the quotes were other people's but I was the one who collated them (i.e. gathered them together.